Daedalus sync issues

22 viewsCommunity Technical Support

Daedalus sync issues

I understand that Daedalus is a full node wallet, and there are alternatives like light wallets such as Eternl. That said, Daedalus has become increasingly frustrating to use. In the past, if your PC was off for a few days, you could boot it up, and Daedalus would sync in an hour or two. Now, if you fall behind by just a few days, syncing can take 6 to 7 hours. Even turning the PC off for just an hour causes the entire sync process to restart and will take many hours to sync.

It feels like Daedalus is only practical if you’re running it on a PC that stays on constantly.

Trevor Moraes Answered question October 1, 2024

I staked on Daedalus for years. That is until I saw all the files on my computer from it that were taking up an exorbitant and ever growing amount of space. Near the end I did notice the syncs were taking longer and longer too (I did have one or two of those 6 to 7 hours syncs near the end).

Anyway I stake on my Ledger now and it’s hassle free and doesn’t take up half my hard drive (older computer) and slow my pc down considerably while syncing.

Trevor Moraes Answered question October 1, 2024
You are viewing 1 out of 2 answers, click here to view all answers.