Dexhunter slippage

13 viewsTrading

Dexhunter slippage

I’m interested in using DeFi instead of CeFi, so had a brief look at Dexhunter.

The ADA to DJED conversion for 100K ADA has a 6% slippage. This seems pretty high. I assume this means someone is offering their DJED for ADA with a 6% mark up. Is this how it works?

Do people actually sell their ADA for a 6% loss? This seems like a goldmine for DJED sellers! I’d have thought the 6% would be much lower, as DJED sellers fight over the ADA sellers.

Is this 6% slippage likely to lower during a bullrun, due to more liquidity being offered?

If USDC is enabled on Cardano, would USDC likely have a much better slippage?

Bianka Travis Answered question October 16, 2024

Dexhunter is a Dex aggregator, so it should find you the lowest slippage dex-combined deals. The problem is that you are trying to swap 100K ADA worth of DJED. DJED is by design a low liquidity stablecoin because of it’s required 400% overcollaterization.

If you want to swap such a volume, you should go with some fiat backed high liquidity stablecoins, like USDM.

Or don’t try to swap so much at once, split it into a few spaced out smaller orders that would let the price stabilize back between the orders. If you swap 50K ADA twice, you would get 3% slippage etc.

Or maybe even better, such large DJED orders are better to just mint/burn the DJEDs on djed.xyz than using dexes, it’s not under 400% right now, so you can do that, and there will be no slippage, just a higher fee, but that should be a smaller hit than a huge slippage on high-volume DEX orders. When i go there to look it up, you can mint 35062 DJED for 100,000 ADA + 25 ADA fee.

adrian ondachchi Answered question October 16, 2024
You are viewing 1 out of 3 answers, click here to view all answers.