Wallet Help

93 viewsCommunity Technical Support

Wallet Help

I’m a newb to Bitcoin, been trading for a year or so. I’ve left my coins on the brokerage site, but now I’m looking at other wallets.

I’m running a full node, and want to know about the wallet in Bitcoin Core. Is it a safe software wallet? Is it widely used?

I also bought a hardware wallet, the Ledger Nano X. How safe is this type of wallet?

Which would you recommend of the two? To me, it’s a huge step to secure my coins locally without understanding these wallets.

Thanks!

Answered question

You are running a full node and you are asking about Bitcoin Core. I do not think you are telling the truth. Even if you are running an Electrum server or you are using wallet like Armory, you would have known what Bitcoin Core is before running a node.

Ledger Nano is not recommendable if you care about your privacy and if you do not want to share your seed phrase with another party. They will only give you a way to do that instead of them advising against something like it. The wallet secure element is close source.

For a hardware wallet, you can go for Passport. If you need multicoin wallet, you can go for Trezor.

Answered question
You are viewing 1 out of 3 answers, click here to view all answers.