Possible to day trade on a DEX?

77 viewsGeneral Discussions

Possible to day trade on a DEX?

I’ve been trading on Binance a lot, but fear KYC as I really don’t want to give up my details that easily, which made me look into DEX’s as of lately. The vast majority of them lack a lot in volume, but I think it’s safe to say that if DEX’s had the same volume or just 1/10th of Binance, I’d use it any day. Not only to protect my identity, but also to be in control of my own private keys while trading, which is something that concerns me as well.

I’ve looked into Blocknet, a few others.

Anyone here who’ve tried trading on DEX’s? I’d love to know!

Answered question

Same can be said about Blockchain/decentralized tech… They are relatively slow but people choose them for their uniqueness.
Why use Bitcoin instead of paypal or similar payment processors? Because Bitcoin is unique and has the ideals lots of people value… Ideals like privacy, anonymity, participating in governance, freedom (within the confine of rules/morality ofcourse), safety/security, etc The ideals are basically in harmony with human’s most important rights. This is applicable to real crypto DEXes.   By the way, a well built DEX can be as fast as the centralized ones…with very low fees too.

Answered question

I don’t think day trading at dex is good. One of the weaknesses of DEX is high fee and transaction is very slow. Everything needs to go through many steps and I feel quite uncomfortable. Why don’t you trade at CEX? It is fast, low fee and doesn’t have token rounding during transactions. I know the identity issue is quite sensitive to current traders, but trading in Bithumb, you can withdraw 5 BTC every day without having to do KYC.

Answered question