What makes cardanos upcoming decentralized governance unique?

40 viewsGeneral Discussions

What makes cardanos upcoming decentralized governance unique?

I have seen on some news articles, and posts on social medias about cardanos upcoming decentralized governance, suggesting it is something revolutionary or groundbreaking – however, there are multiple chains which have had decentralized governance for quite awhile now , including polkadots opengov which has been running the past year .

I wondered what features cardanos system has which seperates itself from the other decentralized governances out there?

Answered question

Compared to other chains, I’d say Cardano has really worked at slowly building up the community and people side of things when it comes to governance. Like with project catalyst and with its network of SPOs. There’s been loads of in person workshops. I’ve used the voting tools of other chains, and to be honest it just felt a bit “empty”.

I like the idea of delegated representatives and people that actually stay in the know about what’s going on. I also like that there’s a treasury system built in to the blockchain and connected to the governance side of things to further development. It’s well thought out.

Answered question
You are viewing 1 out of 2 answers, click here to view all answers.