Chia Client only open when i delete Wallet db files. HELP!

413 viewsCommunity Technical Support

Chia Client only open when i delete Wallet db files. HELP!

Hello, i have 5 months mining chia, but after a power failure in my town, my rig never fully open the client.

The program open and the “Conneting to Wallet” screen show, after that i click my private key to start mining, but never load, the only way to fully load the program is deleting the wallet / db files. And obviously is annoying resync all the time.

So, i formart the rig, super clean windows 11 install, latest chia client, checkout the timezone in my pc, and chia open fine without problem, but i restart the pc, and again the SAME problem, the only way to open the program is deleting the db files.

i hope someone can help me.

Coin Ceylon Approved Changed status to publish November 4, 2021

I have this SAME EXACT PROBLEM, I created my mnemonic seed in late may, and for the past month and a half I can’t get it to launch into the Main screen on my pi 4, and for two weeks on my main plotting Machines.

Looks like problems with corupted DB file.

You said that after restart your PC you have the same problem. Did you turned off Chia app in correct way? Did you check in task manager that all Chia processes are not running? Before restart of course.

It is important to be sure that all Chia processes are not running before turning off computer or restarting it. It is about being sure that Chia DB is not opened. Before restart please check the DB folder. You should have only 2 files there. If will be more than 2 files looks like not everything is closed in correct way.

It is also chance that your drive have a problem. It will be good to check it also.

For the future it is good to have own backup of Chia DB file.

I’m making my Chia DB file backup 1 time every week. But before I will do copy of that file I’m checking that all Chia processes are closed and I have only 2 files in Chia DB folder.