Has your bank or credit card told you they will stop you buying crypto?

23 viewsCommunity Technical Support

Has your bank or credit card told you they will stop you buying crypto?

I am incandescent with rage. A stupid credit card that I will now cancel put a notice in my account that they have decided that because there are so many cryptocurrency scams that they will not allow me to use the card to buy bitcoin or other crypto.
I joined the forum and found the thread where there were dozens of credit card holders that basically said the same thing. HOW DARE you decide what I can do with my money?!!!
How many other people have experienced this bullshit?
IMHO they are just driving nails into their own coffins.
The HUBRIS.

Ruban Lovelace Answered question October 15, 2024

Since the start, we know that the Banking institution always fighting in a war of fraud and different cybercriminals that most commonly use are cryptocurrencies.  But this is a case-to-case basis and depends if where you live because each country’s governments had their own perspective view about cryptocurrency, some of them become legal tender while others become neutral.

There are too many options upon buying cryptocurrencies if your banks are against it and if you want not to link your credit card as a crypto buyer.  You can use P2P exchanges which totally safe and there’s no trace if you buy Bitcoin.  It’s a decentralized platform that gives security to both individual transactions.

Like,

• Bisq
  • Hodl-hodl
  • Paxful
  • LocalBitcoin
Ruban Lovelace Answered question October 15, 2024
You are viewing 1 out of 2 answers, click here to view all answers.